Now that you have some climbing experience under your belt, this course is the perfect opportunity to graduate from an indoor climber to outdoor leading.
Ultimate Sport Climbing Course
- Online Course Participant Any Age | Beginner/Intermediate
This online course was designed for the passionate climber who wants to learn sport climbing from a credible source with the most current and reputable source. Built for all sport climbers from beginners to advanced who want a self paced course with a library of resources to refer back to and watch forever.
- Great for gym climbers transitioning to outdoor rock climbing
- Great for families who want to climb with their children, or make sure their children are competent before getting outdoors.
- Great for the intermediate climber who wants a credible resource for skills and techniques.
Learn from basics all the way through lead climbing, the skills and competencies needed to become a proficient sport climber outdoors. The course uses video submissions and group discussions with a professional American Mountain Guide Association certified rock guide as you progress through the content. Participants will be required to submit course work and skill demonstrations to show proficiency. After completion, participants will receive a Sport Climbing Certification provided by Kaf Adventures. They will also gain access to a private Facebook group with other graduates who possess the Sport Climbing Certification. This ensures you can find partners who have demonstrated the same competencies.
- Guide Books + Ratings
- Equipment needs
- Description of how to use the equipment
- Belaying + belay Devices
- Lead Belaying
- Top Roping Skills
- Anchor Building Concepts
- Cleaning Anchors and Lowering
- Lowering Skills
- Lead Climbing Fundamentals
- Lead Climbing Demo
- Understanding Forces in Climbing
- Leave No Trace Ethics
- Emergency Response
- A familiarity of belaying skills for roped climbing
- A familiarity of basic knots used in climbing (or take our knots for climbers online course)
- Is actively climbing in a gym or outdoors as a top rope climber
By taking this course you will have:
- The knowledge required to buy equipment used for sport climbing
- An understanding of how to use each piece of equipment and when
- How to approach climbing outdoors cautiously
- The technical skills to belay and lead belay
- A thorough understanding of anchors used in sport climbing
- How to assess, clean, and lower from anchors
- Strategies for lead climbing outdoors
- A foundation on where to go, and how to find compatible climbing partners
- A certified rock guide and mentor who will support you each step of the way.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Confidence
By enrolling in the Ultimate Sport Climbing Course you will get:
- A clear path to building technical skills as an outdoor climber
- 47 videos related to every aspect of sport climbing
- A thorough understanding of every skill needed to sport climb outdoors, and what you need to do to gain proficiency
- A professional and certified rock climbing guide and mentor giving you feedback throughout your journey.
- Homework assignments that check your comprehension
- A Sport climbing certification given by Kaf Adventures
- A private facebook group of other certified sport climbers
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am fairly new to climbing, is the course right for me?
It was designed specifically for you in mind. We want you to watch the videos and go out with someone more experienced to support you while you shoot your videos. As long as you have belaying skills and have at least climbed outdoors 1 time, it’s perfect just for you!
- I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the things i am going to need to learn and deliver inside the program. Are you sure I can do this?
Stepping into the unknown is scary and a bit hard. But we will be with you every step of the way. We want you to succeed, and we have laid out a clear progression and video library as a reference. The process should be fun, especially since you love climbing so much!
- Will I need to invest in any more trainings before I am competent sport climber?
Such a great question! Every climber is different and may need different support. This course is built as a supplement to outdoor climbing. Finding mentorship can be done in a variety of ways. Friends, other climbers your trust, or a certified rock guide is an important part your growth along the way. Some methods will cost, others may be free. You get to choose who you choose to trust your life with.
- I am worried there won’t be enough support for me? How will I be able to ask questions?
Don’t worry, I will be with you every step of the way! Every video lesson has a chat function. Ask all the questions there! Also, i am just a phone call and email away, anytime. When you submit videos, I will be looking at each video and giving you feedback every step of the way!
You will need:
- A computer to work on comfortably
- a phone to work on and to take videos
- a cloud account to upload videos from
- the equipment to go sport climbing outdoors
- A person to climb with, possibly a third person for some of the video shoots
- A personal drive and ethic to keep yourself motivated and focused on finishing the course!
As a sport climber you might consider:
- Taking our multi-pitch course
- Rock Rescue Skills
- Traditional Climbing Fundamentals
- Traditional Lead Climbing Course
- Hiring a private Guide for extra support while finishing the course