Knots for Climbers
- Online Course Participant Any Age | Beginner/Intermediate
This online course was designed for any climber that wants to learn the knots needed for climbing. Designed with a clear progression in mind, we have boiled it down to the exact knots you will need for your climbing career.
Built for all climbers from beginners to advanced who want a self paced course with a library of resources to refer back to and watch forever.
- Great for gym climbers transitioning to outdoor rock climbing
- Great for families who want to climb with their children, or make sure their children are competent before getting outdoors.
- Great for the intermediate climber who wants a credible resource for skills and techniques.
Learn the categories and definitions of knots, and why you would use a specific knot and for what reason. The course is intended to give you a variety of knots that will be useful in most climbing scenarios.
Walk away feeling confident you have the tools to apply certain knots to a given scenario while you are outdoors. Taught by a certified AMGA Rock Guide.
- Bight Knots
- Loops/follow through knots
- Bend Knots
- Flat Overhand
- Double Fishermans knot/ Stopper knot
By taking this course, you will have:
- a comprehension of knot terminology
- An understanding of categories of knots
- Ability to tie useful knots for climbing
- The knowledge to choose a knot for a certain application used in climbing
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Confidence
By enrolling in the Knots for Climbers Course you will get:
- A clear path to building technical skills as an outdoor climber
- 12 essential knots used in every aspect of climbing
- A learning platform that is searchable and easy to scroll
- Access to the material for eternity
- Access to a professional and certified rock climbing guide and mentor giving you feedback throughout your journey.
Cord or rope material to tie the knots with
You will need:
- A phone or computer to work on comfortably
- A quiet space to learn
- A rope or cord to tie knots with
- A personal drive and ethic to finish the course!
You Might Consider Taking:
- The Ultimate Sport Climbing Course!
- A rock rescue course
- A glacier mountaineering course
- A traditional climbing fundamentals course