COVID Operations Information
How Kaf Adventures is responding to COVID-19
Your safety is our number one priority. We are reopening because we feel we can operate in a manner that will reasonably protect our employees, guests, and community. If at any time we feel that it is no longer safe to operate, we will not hesitate to close.
Applicable laws and guidelines are guiding our reopening and operations during this pandemic. Here’s what we’re doing to protect our employees, guests, and community:
- Adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local public health and worker safety guidelines, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of State, the Washington State Department of Health, the Washington State Safe Start plan, and the University of Washington
- Maintaining social distancing by decreasing the number of guests on our trips, avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people in shared spaces, and maintaining 6 feet of physical distancing wherever possible
- Using touchless check-in processes and documents
- Routinely sanitizing high-touch surfaces and shared equipment
- Training Kaf Adventures employees on how to minimize exposure to COVID-19 and recognize COVID-19 symptoms
- Requiring Kaf Adventures employees to self-certify before each work day that they have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms, and requiring those experiencing symptoms to stay home and seek medical guidance
- Requiring Kaf Adventures employees to self-certify before each trip that they have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms, and requiring those experiencing symptoms to stay home and seek medical guidance.
- Limiting those who come onto Kaf Adventures premises
- Tracking Kaf Adventures employees, guests, and visitors who come onto Kaf Adventures premises
- Requiring Kaf Adventures employees and guests to wear mask
- Requiring Kaf Adventures employees and guests to use their own equipment to the extent possible
- Providing hand sanitizer to Kaf Adventures employees and guests
- Camping and tent-sharing on trips or courses will be discouraged for anyone not in a family or home unit. For overnight trips, family or house members may stay in a tent together, and the guide will stay in a separate tent.
- Kaf Adventures will cease helping participants on courses find carpooling options to share driving responsibilities to venues.
- Having our clients drive independently to trailheads.
- Courses that can be accomplished with single-day objectives will remain on our calendar. All other courses will be delayed until it is safe to resume those operations.
- All participants and staff will wear appropriate gear to help prevent the spread of any airborne particulates. Kaf Adventures will provide cloth face coverings to all participants and staff and require that they be worn at all times while on Kaf Adventures programs.
- Kaf Adventures will recommend that participants join courses that are close to their homes. CDC has recommended that, for the near future, travel to distant places be avoided.
- Kaf Adventures programs will avoid busy or popular areas. This will help maintain proper social distancing and limit the impact on certain high use areas. Kaf Adventures is adjusting itineraries for courses to better accomplish this.
- Any pre-trip meeting locations will be altered to limit time at parking locations at or near the trailheads. Kaf will have personal conversations with each client before their trip to screen for signs of COVID-19.
- Kaf will have a dialog with all participants on day 1 of the trip to identify no one is feeling signs or has been exposed to COVID-19.
If at any time you feel that our operations are unsafe, please do not hesitate in letting us know. We will do everything we can to make you feel safe.
We require all participants to agree to this COVID waiver.
Assumption of Risks & Release of Liability
While we are doing everything we can to operate in a manner that is safe for our employees, guests, and community, we are not infallible. And while the risk of exposure to COVID-19 can be reduced, it cannot be completely eliminated. We are making all reasonable effort to fully disclose the nature of the risks of exposure to COVID-19 to you through this notice. We also want to be fully transparent in our efforts to make your experience as safe as possible.
Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions related to our operations and COVID-19 safety efforts.
Despite our efforts, risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists. To participate in our trips, you must agree to acknowledge and assume the risks and release Kaf Adventures from all liability. You will not be allowed to participate in our trips if you cannot agree.