Rock Climbing 101
This one day beginner rock climbing course will be jammed packed full of fun, instruction and climbing!
During this fundamental rock climbing course, you will build a foundation of important techniques and skills… while enjoying a day outdoors!
Our professional instructors will begin by teaching you basic belaying techniques and climbing movement, then progress into more technical climbing skills such as anchor construction and knots.
This class will set you up with the skills necessary to move into our Rope Handling Clinic or Intro to Lead Climbing Indoors, or it can stand alone as an amazing experience out with your friends and family. We strive to build your skills in a safe and supportive environment, no matter your skill level or ultimate outcome.
Rock Climbing 101 curriculum includes:
- Basic climbing knots
- Introduction to climbing gear
- Belay and lead belay technique
- Climbing commands
- Climbing LNT/Ethics
- Climbing movement
- Climbing technique
- Basic anchor construction (natural)
- Guide books and ratings
- As well as a lot of climbing! Each participant will climb 3-6 routes each!
Varies based on weather and group desires. Potential locations:
No previous climbing experience needed.
Kaf will provide all necessary climbing equipment for the day. You will receive a full packing list upon registration, but feel free to contact Kaf Adventures with any gear specifics questions you have.
Included in trip cost
- Professional instruction from full-time rock climbing instructors at a 5:1 student/guide ratio
- Passes and permits
- All climbing gear is included in our Rock 101 (Shoes, harnesses, helmets, all climbing ropes and carabiners)
- Light snack. Please bring your own lunch, water and small backpack to carry your equipment. Don’t forget your camera!!
NOT included in trip cost
- Transportation (carpool options available)
- Lunches and water
- Parking permits: Most of our rock sites do not require a parking permit and we will notify you if this is necessary. WA state Discover passes are $10/day/car or $30 annual.
- Guide gratuity: If you enjoyed your day, and think the guide did an exceptional job it is customary to tip ~10%.
- Personal Backpack: Please bring a school-bag sized backpack to carry your personal clothing and climbing equipment.
- Personal clothing: You need to be prepared for the weather! We will be outside and PNW weather can be variable, as a result please bring plenty of clothes to stay warm and dry for 4 hours outside, we will not be under cover or near shelter.
Rentals are available at a reasonable cost. Kaf Adventures had done it’s very best to create a rental program affordable to your needs. Rental information HERE.
We recognize that transportation can be tricky. Once registered, Kaf will provide information regarding meeting times, locations and any required parking permits. If interested in carpooling, we will orchestrate a meeting place between participants.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.