Rock Climbing 101
This one day beginner rock climbing course will be jammed packed full of fun, instruction and climbing!
During this fundamental rock climbing course, you will build a foundation of important techniques and skills… while enjoying a day outdoors!
Our professional instructors will begin by teaching you basic belaying techniques and climbing movement, then progress into more technical climbing skills such as anchor construction and knots.
This class will set you up with the skills necessary to move into our Rope Handling Clinic or Intro to Lead Climbing Indoors, or it can stand alone as an amazing experience out with your friends and family. We strive to build your skills in a safe and supportive environment, no matter your skill level or ultimate outcome.
Rock Climbing 101 curriculum includes:
- Basic climbing knots
- Introduction to climbing gear
- Belay and lead belay technique
- Climbing commands
- Climbing LNT/Ethics
- Climbing movement
- Climbing technique
- Basic anchor construction (natural)
- Guide books and ratings
- As well as a lot of climbing! Each participant will climb 3-6 routes each!
What is included?:
- All climbing gear is included in our Rock 101 (Shoes, harnesses, helmets, all climbing ropes and carabiners)
- A light snack at the end of the day and a CLIF bar during the day. Please bring your own lunch, water and small backpack to carry your equipment. Don’t forget your camera!!
- Transportation is carpooling. We will help arrange all carpools to the trailhead and will provide a parking pass.
Locations: Varies based on weather and group desires.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Once you’ve learned the basics, take the next step in your rock climbing journey and join KAF for Rock Climbing 201!
|Start Date||End Date||Start Time||Event Name||Location||Open Seats||Price||Signup|
|Nov 8, 2014||Nov 8, 2014||9:00 am||Rock Climbing 101||Vantage, WA||8||$133.77|