Half Day Guided ClimbBook Online
Spend a half day with us learning about climbing movement while being outside!
Experience Rock Climbing for your first time, or practice specific technique outdoors. Let KAF Adventures guide you while you try the ropes outdoors! Feel confident with trained instructors who climb with personal passion and are trained educators. Spend 4 hours climbing outdoors on this guided session with your friends or family. All necessary equipment is included.
We will meet at specific and designated areas near our rock climbing sites at 4pm. Please account for the drive time and traffic so we can begin our day on time. After brief introductions and an overview of the day we will hike to our rock site (~10min) and get ready to climb. Some basic information about knots and safety protocols will have us ready to climb safely and begin the process of learning how to belay (taking in rope as people climb to keep them safe). After a few climbs each, and everyone trying their hand at belaying, we will wrap up the day and you will head on home!
will vary based on weather.
- Exit 38 off I-90 (Iron Horse State Park)
- Broughton Bluff, OR.
- It helps if you have climbed a little indoors before, or are in decent physical condition. Our courses are custom tailored to your needs and the groups desires, and we are able to accommodate varying levels of climbing ability. You will do great!
- Minimum age: 8 years old and well behaved 😉
You will receive a full packing list upon registration, but feel free to contact Kaf Adventures with any gear specifics questions you have.
Included in trip cost
- Passes and permits
- Professional instruction from full-time rock climbing instructors at a 5:1 student/guide ratio
- All climbing gear: rock shoes, harness, helmet, ropes, anchoring materials. You need to bring no special equipment.
- Snacks/drinks at the end of the day before your drive home!
- A 4 hour session of climbing that will leave you feeling inspired, and plenty of photos to share with your friends.
NOT included in trip cost
- Transportation (carpool options available)
- Parking permits: Most of our rock sites do not require a parking permit and we will notify you if this is necessary. WA state Discover passes are $10/day/car or $30 annual.
- Guide gratuity: If you enjoyed your day, and think the guide did an exceptional job it is customary to tip ~10%.
- Personal Backpack: Please bring a school-bag sized backpack to carry your personal clothing and climbing equipment.
- Personal clothing: You need to be prepared for the weather! We will be outside and PNW weather can be variable, as a result please bring plenty of clothes to stay warm and dry for 4 hours outside, we will not be under cover or near shelter.
- Water/Personal snacks: Please bring at least 1 liter of water for your day and any snacks you may need to stay comfortable and energized for our time together.
Rentals are available at a reasonable cost. Kaf Adventures has done it’s very best to create a rental program affordable to your needs. Rental information HERE.
We recognize that transportation can be tricky. Once registered, Kaf will provide information regarding meeting times, locations and any required parking permits. If interested in carpooling, we will orchestrate a meeting place between participants.
We are really excited to head out there with you! Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.