Advanced Prep Course
This Advanced Prep Course is created specifically for individuals with considerable mountaineering and backcountry experience.
This course will provide you with the information needed to venture into advanced technical terrain, remote settings, and areas where complex navigation is required. The training given in this course is specific to glaciated environments and extended expedition length trips.
This prep course prepares you to climb as a member of a more experienced mountaineering climbing team, or a recreational club climb with professional volunteer leaders. Contact us for more information!
- Complex terrain evaluation and hazard management
- Expedition behavior
- Route planning for multi-week trips
- Travel techniques (touring, sled rigging)
- Complex transport logistics planning
- International travel considerations
- Meal planning and cache distribution
- Pre-climb physical training
- Self-care for expeditions
- Gear considerations for light and fast travel
- Mental stamina training
After this course you will be prepared to climb advanced routes such as:
If you have any questions, contact us!
Looking to become a proficient member of a multi-pitch alpine rock climbing team? Take a look at our Alpine Rock Prep Course!